What you'll be doing:
- Successfully sell the company’s products across several industries starting with the maritime industry.
- Execute commercial (marketing, sales, public relations, and customer service) strategies to achieve sales targets in line with company goals and objectives.
- Execute sales strategies to enter, penetrate and accelerate growth across multiple markets.
- Drive sales process by generating customer leads and steer commercial discussions for product order, manage the quote process end to end and where necessary pursue outstanding payments.
- Be the point of contact for customers, carrying out contract reviews and managing the order acknowledgement process through to delivery of product to customers.
- Set up and manage distribution channels and execute customer acquisition strategies.
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed commercial plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.) as well as to understand threats.
- Establish and manage new and existing client relationships - understanding customer requirements, ensuring their needs are met, and liaising with operations/manufacturing team on sales process and production deliverables.
- Monitor performance of sales using key metrics and report to CEO and Board progress with sales.
- Establish and maintain long-term, profitable partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Assist with setting, managing, and monitoring sales and financial targets.
- Create and manage sales budget in line with the company’s financial status.
- Establish, manage, grow, train, and motivate commercial (marketing, sales, public relations, and customer service) team.
- Sales representation, marketing, and business development and account management of customers.
- Customer engagement
- Undertake sales activities in marine industry which include:
- Establish customer relationships with a view to executing product sales and ensure that the CRM is maintained and up to date.
- Customer development activities such as liaising with end-user/customers and other partners.
- Efficiently keeping up to date and regular contact with existing prospects
- Run campaigns to promote the use of product by educating and demonstrating to prospective clients on the benefits of our product.
- Conduct regular research on business competition and market analysis.
- Attend networking events, tech events and trade shows/exhibitions etc., to establish new business networks and promote our technology and offerings, organise and man exhibitions.
- Regular travel to represent the business with customers or at necessary events.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Minimum 10 years in a relevant commercial sales, account management or business development role.
- 5 years’ experience in the marine sector and experience of selling hardware products into the maritime industry.
- Experience of managing a defined sales process.
- Experience of establishing and growing sales and marketing teams
- Proven track record of success in product sales.
- Track record of performance, productivity, and people management.
- Track record of product delivery to customer.
- Possess strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills and as well as expertise in reporting and presenting sales information.
- Multitasking across several projects, customers, and internal delivery programmes.
- Proven track record of managing sales CRM software, contracts, and quotation process.
- Proficiency in the use of standard Microsoft office packages, e.g., word, excel, PowerPoint. Strong communicator, able to empathise and bring out the best from a team.
- Read, analyse, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- International sales experience would be an advantage.
- Structured problem-solving skills combining technical know-how with problem solving techniques.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a company with a game changing product - one where you will be able to make a significant difference to revenue and bottom line.